REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- The National Campaign Team (TKN) of Joko Widodo-Ma'ruf Amin said they have predicted that its contender would someday threaten to withdraw from 2019 presidential election. Director of TKN, Lukman Edy said the threat was a peak of delegitimation efforts against General Election Commission (KPU) as election organizer.
"I've already spoken about this two months ago. In the future there will definitely be a threat of retreating. They are like Javanese people say: Tiji Tibeh. If they don't win, then none of contestants should win. That is what Prabowo often said," Lukman said to Republika.co.id on Tuesday (Jan 15).
The National Awakening Party (PKB) politician considered the threat of a retreat from Prabowo-Sandi as the culmination of the delegitimation of the election organizers. Previously, it was clear that Prabowo-Sandi's team also often threw accusations at the KPU which was considered not neutral.
In addition, he assessed that Prabowo-Sandi's team also often threw false news or hoaxes related to the elections starting from the issue of multiple permanent voter lists, the scattered e-ID cards, to the issue of marked ballots. Lukman also assessed that it was done because of the difficult position of Prabowo-Sandi to win the 2019 Presidential Election contestation.
"Djoko Santoso's statement which stated that Prabowo will step down is the culmination of the delegitimation of the KPU. Therefore the presidential number 01 must fight, the people must fight," he said.
The withdrawal threat of Prabowo-Sandi's pairs was delivered directly by the chairman of the National Winning Body (BPN) Djoko Santoso. He said that Prabowo would step down if there was potential fraud in the 2019 presidential election by allowing persons with mental disabilities people to vote.
"We may accuse election organizers based on data, but not based on hoaxes," Lukman said.