Thursday, 7 Rabiul Awwal 1440 / 15 November 2018

Thursday, 7 Rabiul Awwal 1440 / 15 November 2018

Tjahjo debunks false news on e-ID cards lost

Senin 19 Mar 2018 17:28 WIB

Rep: Puti Almas/ Red: Reiny Dwinanda

Electronic identity cards or known as E-KTP (illustration)

Electronic identity cards or known as E-KTP (illustration)

Foto: Republika/Tahta Aidilla
Tjahjo assures there is no blank ID-cards that are missing.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- Home Affairs Minister Tjahjo Kumolo affirmed information on the missing of 72 million ID-cards was a hoax. He assured there was no blank ID-cards that were missing. "It's not true," he remarked at his office in Jakarta on Monday (March 19).

Tjahjo said the e-ID cards data are safe. Government has multiple layer security system to protect the data.

Meanwhile, e-ID card form available so far were only amounted to 20 million pieces. Consequently, it did not make any sense if the rumor said the missing forms were 72 million.

"The rumor was spread to complicate the situation, to cause restless," Tjahjo explained.

The rumor spread following the news of a hijack to prepaid mobile phone customers registration data. Tjahjo said the information was also a false news. "The ID number (NIK) and family card number (KK) of mobile phone customers were not leaked," he said.

The data could not be used to banking fraud activities. The details of NIK and KK are not accessible, only the number can be seen, he said. 

"The numbers are only used to verify," Tjahjo said.

Sumber : Antara
  • Komentar 0

Dapatkan Update Berita Republika

BERITA LAINNYA

 
 

IN PICTURES