Jumat, 10 Jumadil Awwal 1434 / 22 Maret 2013
find us on : 
  Login |  Register

Pair accused of plotting to kill singer Joss Stone

Wednesday, 20 March 2013, 00:08 WIB
Komentar : 0
Republika/Agung Supri
Joss Stone during her performance in Jakarta earlier this month (file photo)

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, LONDON - Prosecutors said Monday two men accused of plotting to rob and kill soul singer Joss Stone planned to decapitate her, then dump her body in a river.

The suspects, Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool, were arrested in June 2011, close to the singer's house after suspicious neighbors reported them to police. They never reached her house.

Opening the case at Exeter Crown Court, prosecutor Simon Morgan told the jury that the pair, ages 32 and 35, set off from their home in Manchester with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves for Stone's house in Devon. The men were allegedly part of a gang that hatched the plot, but other members could not be traced.

Morgan said that handwritten notes found in the suspects' car made reference to "decapitate," another read "Jocelyn RIP" and a further note said: "Once Jocelyn's dead ... find a river to dump her."

The motive for the plot wasn't clear, but Morgan said the men may have targeted Stone for her money or because they disliked her links with the royal family. The notes indicated that the pair disapproved of Stone being invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding in 2011, he said.

The defendants deny all charges. The trial continues.

 

 

Redaktur : Yeyen Rostiyani
Sumber : AP
860 reads
Tidak ada pezina yang di saat berzina dalam keadaan beriman. Tidak ada pencuri ketika mencuri dalam keadaan beriman. Begitu pula tidak ada peminum arak di saat meminum dalam keadaan beriman.(HR Muslim)
  Isi Komentar Anda
Komentar adalah tanggapan pribadi, tidak mewakili kebijakan redaksi republika.co.id. Redaksi berhak mengubah atau menghapus kata-kata yang tidak etis, kasar, berbau fitnah dan pelecehan, intimidasi, bertendensi suku, agama, ras, dan antar golongan. Setiap komentar sepenuhnya menjadi tanggung jawab pengirim.

Republika.co.id berhak untuk memberi peringatan dan atau menutup akses bagi pembaca yang melanggar ketentuan ini.
Silahkan login atau register untuk kirim komentar Anda

  VIDEO TERBARU
Geliat Perkembangan Muslim Cina
Pemerintah Komunis berencana untuk membangun masjid di seluruh negeri. Hal ini, merupakan implementasi guna memenuhi tuntutan 20-an juta warga Muslim di negeri itu.Menurut...